The Power of a Business Page
Facebook appeals to a wide range of people of all ages and has more than 500 million active users. This social networking site is more generally known for it’s fun approach and for keeping in touch with family and friends, and for the sharing of information and photos. However it can also be a very effective business tool, great for marketing your products and keeping in touch with your clients, gaining attention for your brand and providing a more personal face for your business. A Facebook business page is available free of charge and doesn’t require you to be a technical wizard. Facebook updates are simple, log in, type your message and upload.
Increase your audience with Facebook
Facebook business pages are different to personal profiles. The business page is designed to house all your business information and pertinent information such as
- Company Overview
- Website and contact info
- Press Releases
and gives you quick and easy access to a massive audience.
Use Facebook to create interest in your business
Messages can be sent globally to all your fans or individuals or by groups. Encourage your friends to become fans of your business page and your updates will appear on their news feeds and thus increase your business exposure to all their friends as well.
Engaging with your audience using the following ‘social plugins’ is a key to increasing your business exposure.
- Like Button: This allows users to like your page directly from your website and share it on their profiles and in their friend’s News Feeds
- Comments: Let users comment on any piece of content on your page
- The registration button allows users to easily sign up for your website with their Facebook account
- Recommendations. Give users personalized suggestions for content on your site they might like
- Connect your physical store location to your page so people can find you and check in
- Invite current and new customers to like your page, and promote it with in-store signs, flyers, emails, and website links
Use Facebook as your newsroom
Having an online newsroom for your company is a very effective way to provide information about your business to the outside world. By setting up your page to automatically collect information from already established presences such as your website blog, a Twitter account, or press release page — you can your automate your Facebook page to provide a good news resource to fans with little effort
Using the events app can be used to advertise scheduled special events, such as seminars, webinars and track invitees and attendees. You can advertise promotions, provide product information, pictures and videos profiling your company and it’s work.
Facebook is a fun, fantastic and informal way of engaging with your customers and promotes a very personal sales approach. By keeping your customers informed of what’s happening within your business and enabling them to see your customers’ comments and reactions makes them feel included and valued.